Monday, February 14, 2011

Race Day! & a little update

Well I've been remiss in posting about the running/healthy lifestyle plan, so I thought a very rough, sweaty!, red-faced, post-race picture would help y'all forgive me for the delay! Don't those gals look AMAZING after 3.1 miles??


Although the sun was blazing (we only typically run at NIGHT!) and I had forgotten what hundreds of pairs of feet would sound like running on pavement, the race went very well!  Thanks to Becky, my encouraging, faithful, running buddy, I ran the whole way and finished in 33 minutes.  I didn't have a certain time in my mind before we started but I was pleased as punch just to run the whole way & not finish last.  FYI - run in a military-sponsored race (ultra-family oriented) and you will be motivated to push past those elementary kiddos that are kicking your butt. 

As for the goals -

1) Drink 64 ounces of water per day - for the most part this is happening, thanks to my trusty water bottle, but even as I type this I think my water bottle is in the trailer portion of Henry's tricycle....better get it asap!


2) Don't eat seconds or sweets, except on days beginning with S - This had to be modified a little this week.  Jenny was here visiting and we went out on Friday, so that became my Saturday.  Unfortunately, with Valentine's Day the sweets kept coming!  Hoping to get things under control....starting tomorrow AFTER my dinner date with Jake!

3) Exercise 4 days per week for 30 minutes each session (Jillian Michaels or Couch To 5K) - Definitely been running, taking only one or two days off per week.  We did take yesterday off to recover from Saturdays race, but we'll be back at it tonight or tomorrow.

4) Get to bed before midnight - glad to say that I am doing this nightly!! What a difference a good night's sleep can make in your life!

5) Only drink 2 Diet Cokes per day (or any caffeinated beverage) - Down to mostly just one cup of coffee in the morning. Had some occasional DCs while Jenny was visiting & slowly making my way through the packs she left here...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

GOOD JOB WINNIE! I am so impressed! and you look GREAT - don't even think otherwise for a second :)

Aimee Larsen said...

Those girls do look amazing and so do YOU! Yay! I know this is an old post but I'd personally like to know how the running is going. I need some encouragement.