Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our New Adventure....

After 3 flights, we made it two our "home away from home" for the next two months....

Hawaii Kai, East O'ahu, Hawaii! 

Jake & his business partner, Art are doing some work out here and we decided to tag-a-long for the trip.  Jake will be working a bunch but it just so happens that Art's wife, Becky is my college roommate and bestie so we will have tons of fun while the guys work. 

The boys did well until the 3rd flight.  Seven hours is a long time to be confined to a very small area & be buckled in the whole time! Henry slept 2 hours and Jack slept 5 hours.  Thankfully they were both still tired when we landed, because Mommy & Daddy were ready to go to bed after being up 20ish hours. 

Jack broke us in to the local area very quickly!  When we left Chatty he had been up since 3:30am with a high fever, but by the time we arrived in Honolulu, a cough, stomach virus, and wheezing set in.  We quickly found an Urgent Care place the next morning.  2 breathing treatments, antibiotics, steroids, a few glove baloons to play with, stickers...and we were on our way.  


Monday and Tuesday Jack still battled the high fever, and wheezing but he has begun to act more like himself.  Henry could not be left out of the fun and always wants to do what big brother is doing.  He started throwing up and coughing on Monday.  Then on Tuesday the high fever began, so we took him in to the doctor.  He has pneumonia!  Crazy!! 


We are so thankful to have these first few days to rest, relax, recover from the jetlag and get these boys on the mend.  Since we are staying for an extended period of time, its been no big deal to be inside with these sick kiddos.

Jake & I have each managed to sneak out for 2 runs since we've been here.  I completed Day 2 of the Couch to 5K program while watching the sunrise near the end of our street.  Thankful we know the God who created each sunrise.  Gorgeous!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Winnie, I didn't realize it was for two months! Wow! What an amazing adventure. can't wait to hear more about it, and hoping your sweet boys are 100% better SOON!

God's girl said...

We have been praying for you all. I hope this all clears up soon so you can have a better kind of adventure! :)
Much love,
Angela

Aimee Larsen said...

2 MONTHS! That's awesome. You guys will LOVE it. Please keep posting, I'm going to live vicariously through you.

Aimee Larsen said...

Crap Winnie...I missed the Pneumonia part. I'm so sorry. I hope he's feeling better and if not, you guys are going to be in my prayers while you are away. Enjoy the island!

Unknown said...

Dear Winnie, I just checked into your blog and I am trying to send you a comment. Wish me luck I have no idea what my password is for this! Anyway I love hearing about your adventures. Great pictures, even cranky ones. What a great opportunity for you all. Hugs to the boys for me. Love Aunt Geri