Friday, January 14, 2011

Goals

My sweet college friend, Sarah - mommy of four! lovely ladies, wife to an amzing man who runs this place, sister, daughter and friend - has somehow found time in her busy life to commit to Body After Baby.  It has inspired me to join in....I mean Henry is 18 months old! Guess it's time to get serious, right?
My friend Carrie also recently asked if I would want to run/walk in the Music City Marathon in March 2011.  I wish I had been able to quickly respond with "Yes, of course!," but instead I said, "Hmm, maybe. That sounds fun..." all along hoping she would forget about it.  Anyway, I think it is a great goal that might even motivate me!

I also realized how much I've stayed away from the front of the camera lens when capturing moments in the lives of my children, but only because I am unhappy with where I am.  But I want to look back at pictures and see myself WITH my family for a change!  I guess I am on board!  Anyone want to join in??

Since I love it when someone does the work for me, I'm going to use most of Sarah's goals with a few changes that I also read about here:

1) Drink 64 ounces of water per day
2) Don't eat seconds or sweets, except on days beginning with S
3) Exercise 4 days per week for 30 minutes each session (Jillian Michaels or Couch To 5K)
4) Get to bed before midnight
5) Only drink 2 Diet Cokes per day (or any caffeinated beverage)

Even though I don't plan on posting my actual weight on here (for my own sanity!! That's just putting a little too much out there for me!!), I do plan to post updates each Tuesday with weight loss/gain.  Thought I'd share a picture to motivate and document the current state of affairs!  Let the fun begin!  Let me know if you are joining in.....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job, Winnie! I am finding this to be a tougher battle than expected, but I am determined :) I loooove the "S" rule... I think I'm going to adopt that one! :)

By the way, your Hawaii pictures are AMAZING... what an incredible adventure!

Aimee Larsen said...

Love it! I'm starting the couch to 5k, it'll probably take me longer than the time allotted but that's okay. I love your goals. By the way, I think you look great anyway.