Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miss and love

My sweet friend Kristen is a missionary in PNG and recently posted a list that got me thinking.  Here goes on some thankfulness......

Things I miss at home:

our family and friends

cheap groceries

our house

beloved sewing/embroidery machine

our church community

backyard swingset

Chickfila

kids' consignment sales

Things I've grown to LOVE (and be so thankful for) in Hawaii:

sunny 70s every day

teaming up with Becky for daily chores (dishes, cleaning, laundry, etc...)

coffee with fat free creamer & spray can whipped cream

slow-paced driving (crazy, but I don't mind it at all!)

running...crazy, huh?  (It actually should go on the "like" list, not "love" list.)

fruit smoothies

Watching Art's dad, Mr. Miller with my boys - so sweet

drying clothes on a line outside

Costco

memorizing Scripture

being with my boys

internet access (had this at home, but probably took it for granted most days)

Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!  - Psalm 95:2

1 comment:

Aimee Larsen said...

Good News Winnie, we have a Costco now. :)

I love your list.

When in the world are you guys coming back?