Sunday, August 8, 2010

Preschool Time!

There are definitely more summer pictures and events to blog about, but August has basically snuck up on me!  Last year we sent Jack to a local church for a two day per week preschool.  The program was wonderful but it wasn't the right fit for Jack and he stopped going not too far into the school year. 

We are hoping to start off on a better foot this year and do some "preschool" at home.  We haven't made our "schooling" decisions yet, but for this time in our lives working with Jack at home is where the Lord has led us. 

Four days a week our sweet friend and neighbor C is going to come down and do "school" with us while Henry naps from 1:30-3:30.  Jack is so excited about his "homework with C" and has asked multiple times about when it starts.

Although I would love to start on a Monday (the teacher in me operates on a 5 day plan!), we are accommodating C's schedule and starting on Wed.  Don't you just love the flexibility of schooling at home?

So just in case someone wants to come along on this journey with us, I am going to post our lesson plans each Sunday for the week ahead.  If I get ahead of schedule I may even post earlier.  No promises!  So all you non-parents (Is that a word?) or those that just don't care, ignore any posts that say "Preschool Day 1 or Day 2 or etc...."  Bear with me on links and pdfs....I'm still learning!!

Just a little teacher info - I am using My Father's World from A to Z, Saxon K Math, Slow and Steady Get Me Ready and any other resource that might catch my eye. I LOVE lapbooks, so I am sure they will find their way in the lesson plans throughout the year!  

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How great! Looking forward to following along with you :)