Friday, August 6, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane....

Our much anticipated cousin Zoe Evelyn made her appearance June 4th and we could hardly wait to get to Salt Lake City to see her.  Jack was so excited to go on an airplane, see Uncle Danie & Aunt Juliel, hold Baby Zoe, etc... Even though he couldn't figure out what it really meant to have a "cousin," he was thrilled about going on a trip!  We made the mistake of telling him about the trip way a little too early.  For weeks he asked if we were leaving, packing, going to the airport, getting on a plane,.....oh the questions! Lesson learned - never tell a young child about an upcoming event until it actually occurs.  Surprises are so much more exciting anyway!

Since we were already flying out to Salt Lake City (Thanks for the tickets and getting us to the airport, Uncle Nate!!!) we thought we would make a stop in Denver to visit my Buck family cousins.  I can't put into words how much fun we had!  The constant laughing, chaos at times, crazy driving, late night talks, games, and so much more made me feel like we were kids at my grandparents enjoying the summer days together! Much thanks to Dave & Meghan for opening their home to us and putting up with a few days of craziness.  I was so thankful Jack & Henry were able to experience just a glimpse of that life! Just wish I hadn't been so busy talking, and had gotten my camera out more!

My dad and his wife Linda also took a road trip West to visit the new granddaughter and met us in Denver.  We were able to go to the great Salt Lake together.  This was my 2nd experience and totally worth the heat and biting bugs.  Floating like that is such an odd but cool experience! (No pictures - hands were busy swatting bugs constantly!)

One of the days we went to the Denver Zoo and had a blast.  There were 5 adults and 8 kids, which doesn't seem like that many but it was a lot to keep up with at a busy zoo!

Henry liked being able to see all the animals, so Grandpa Jeff spent a lot of time picking him up.


Henry and David had the best ride!


Jack's favorite playmates, Grace and Lily

The last evening we had a family cookout, which really made me think of old times with my grandparents.  My cousin Emily's son, Jake, was fantastic entertainment for all the little ones.  I've rarely seen Jack let loose and play like he did that night.  It was such a blessing to see him having so much fun with his cousins.  We are already looking forward to future trips together!

Jake, Grace, Ella, David, Lily and Jack


Those big brown eyes are precious! Such a sweet boy!


You will see this precious Ella in the pages of magazines one day.....

Henry's playmate, Adele

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cousins are the best :) I am loving all these new pictures!